Concrete Crack Repair
Cracked concrete is a widespread issue that poses potential dangers. It not only tarnishes the look of your property but also signals deeper problems and can lead to more severe damage.
Homeowners grappling with sinking and cracked concrete slabs choose Basement Authority of West Virginia. We provide a powerful concrete lifting solution directly targeting these issues. Our unique SettleStop™ PolyRenewal™ injections work to lift and stabilize sunken concrete slabs, closing cracks once stability is achieved.
For over 20 years, homeowners across West Virginia have placed their trust in this cutting-edge repair process. We invite you to explore the innovation and quality that we bring to every project.
As your local experts, we’re committed to providing tailored solutions and advice for your home. This page is your guide to understanding how our specialized services can safeguard and improve your property’s condition.
What is Concrete Crack Repair?
Concrete crack repair is an intricate process aiming to fix surface damages on concrete, resulting from unstable soil conditions and water oversaturation.
Merely filling cracks in concrete with caulk or similar materials provides only a temporary aesthetic solution, hiding the real issues beneath.
At Basement Authority of West Virginia, our approach to concrete repair is more comprehensive. We utilize the PolyRenewal™ system, a concrete lifting method that effectively raises settled sections, closing cracks.
As a crucial part of our complete home solutions, PolyRenewal™ plays a significant role in securing the safety and visual appeal of your concrete structures. The system focuses on stabilizing concrete, which helps in reducing visible cracks and sealing them once stabilization is achieved.
Signs Your Home Needs Concrete Crack Repair
Concrete cracks can appear on various surfaces such as:
Noticeable signs that your concrete surfaces might need repairs include:
- Visible and expanding concrete cracks
- Cracks wider than ¼”
- Sinking or uneven concrete slabs
- Tripping hazards
- Concrete pulling away from your house
- Cracks in walls or damage to siding above sunken concrete
- Edges of the concrete crumbling
- Pitting, flaking, and staining of the concrete surface
- Water collecting on concrete surfaces after it rains
- Weeds sprouting up between concrete sections
Addressing these issues early can lead to simpler, less costly repairs, safeguarding your investment and preventing further, more expensive damage.
Is Concrete Crack Repair Necessary?
Yes. Fixing concrete cracks is crucial.
Avoid falling for “quick fixes” that don’t tackle the problem at its roots. Even after methods like mudjacking or complete repouring, the issues of cracking, sinking, and other damage to your concrete can persist and escalate.
Tackling concrete damage promptly prevents further deterioration, ensuring your slabs last longer and saving you money over time. Addressing damage early can also enhance the efficiency of solutions like PolyRenewal™, an integral part of our comprehensive home care strategy.
What Are the Benefits of Concrete Crack Repair
Concrete crack repair offers numerous advantages:
Fixing uneven, sunken areas of concrete minimizes trip hazards, and sealing cracks prevents further damage, safeguarding both the people and vehicles on your property.
Stop Further Damage
Injecting expanding foam beneath compromised slabs stabilizes the ground beneath, preventing further sinking and settling, thereby protecting your concrete investment.
Enhance Appearance and Value
Repairing cracked and uneven concrete surfaces not only improves the aesthetic appeal of your property but also increases its market value. Our concrete solutions can rejuvenate cracked surfaces, making them look brand new.
Prolong Concrete Life
Neglecting minor cracks can lead to major, more expensive repairs. Our treatments protect the slab’s integrity, preventing the need for complete replacement, thus extending the life of your concrete surfaces.
We encourage homeowners to use our exclusive PolyRenewal™ system to experience these benefits. Our products, backed by our expertise, provide superior performance and durability compared to generic alternatives.
How Our Concrete Crack Repairs Work
To thoroughly address concrete cracks, Basement Authority of West Virginia’s certified team follows these crucial steps when applying PolyRenewal™:
- Drill small, penny-sized holes into the concrete.
- Insert injection ports into each hole.
- Mix and ready the two-component, closed-cell polyurethane foam.
- Inject the foam beneath the concrete slabs through the ports.
- The expanding foam fills the voids underneath the concrete, lifting the slab.
- Allow the foam to cure completely (about 15 minutes).
- Remove the injection ports and patch and smooth the drilled holes.
- Seal cracks and joints to avert future damages.
- Schedule regular maintenance checks for your concrete slabs.
With the proper equipment, training, and products, Basement Authority of West Virginia ensures a swift, minimally invasive, and enduring concrete repair process.
Why Our Crack Repair is the Best Choice for Your Home
PolyRenewal™ from Basement Authority of West Virginia stands out as the premium choice for concrete lifting and crack repair due to several reasons:
- Precise Application: Our polymer injection method ensures accurate targeting and lifting of settled concrete slabs.
- Minimal Disruption: The process requires only small access points, eliminating the need for heavy machinery or extensive digging.
- Lightweight Solution: The closed-cell foam adds strength without putting extra weight on existing foundations.
- Quick Results: The foam sets in just 15 minutes, providing immediate stability with very little downtime.
- Durable Repairs: Withstands environmental stress, ensuring long-lasting repairs for your concrete slabs.
- Versatile Use: Suitable for a wide range of concrete applications and surfaces.
- Environmentally Friendly: Made from sustainable, non-toxic materials designed for longevity.
- Seamless Integration: Repairs blend effortlessly into your landscape with virtually invisible results.
- Commitment to Quality: Our annual maintenance plans underscore our dedication to your long-term satisfaction.
Contact Basement Authority of West Virginia for Concrete Crack Repair Today!
Don’t wait if you notice settlement, cracks, or uneven sections in your concrete. The longer you delay, the more extensive the damage may become. To safeguard and enhance your home’s value, turn to the expertise of Basement Authority of West Virginia.
As the region’s foremost authority in concrete repair, we bring unparalleled quality and experience to homeowners throughout West Virginia in search of effective concrete solutions. With our tailored solutions and unwavering commitment to service, your concrete issues will soon be resolved. Reach out today to set up your free inspection and obtain a no-obligation repair estimate.
The treated area is ready to bear loads like vehicle traffic approximately 15 minutes after the PolyRenewal™ foam is applied.
PolyRenewal™ sets and hardens within 15 minutes, offering immediate stability to the lifted slabs. However, for total curing and attaining its full strength, it might take around 30 minutes to an hour.
Cracks of any size could pose a threat to your concrete’s integrity. While hairline cracks might seem negligible, they can quickly expand under the pressure of weather conditions and soil shifts. For larger cracks, more than ¼” in width, immediate attention is needed. Early intervention can save costs and ensure long-lasting repairs.
Last Modified Date: