Concrete lifting and leveling has used the same techniques for most of its existence. Mudjacking used to be the go-to method for lifting concrete slabs. Mudjacking involves pumping large quantities of a muddy slurry under for slab leveling, and it can be messy and take time to set. It also used large machinery which sat in your yard.
Polyrenewal is a better alternative, using smaller and fewer holes for polyurethane injection. In addition, the polyurethane foam that is used weighs less than the traditional mud slurry, and the equipment that is used for the process is less invasive. A truck or trailer holds the foam, and the installer uses a long hose to reach the polyurethane injection sites, keeping heavy equipment off your lawn and landscaping. The foam is injected into the holes and the foam expands, filling voids under the slab and raising the concrete for slab leveling.
The 4 Benefits of Polyurethane Concrete Injections
1. Quick Installation & Accurate Lifting
- Material hardens within minutes; slab is able to be used that same day.
- Polyrenewal projects are completed 80% quicker than other methods, with some alternative methods taking days or weeks to complete.
- Polyurethane foam can lift a slab to within 1/100th of an inch of the desired height.
- There is no shrinkage with the Polyrenewal process, so it’s easier to control.
2. Effective Sealing Qualities
- Polyurethane protects the slab from water penetration and erosion.
- The foam seals the underside of the concrete slab, filling in joints, cracks, and voids. Water can damage your concrete whether from erosion or expanding or contracting with changes in temperatures. Mudjacking is mud and will not hold up well with intense water.
3. Maintains Your Slab’s Integrity & Watch Your Weight
- The Polyrenewal process uses much smaller holes as polyurethane injection points.
- In traditional methods, the holes can be one inch or bigger in diameter, whereas Polyrenewal holes are only 3/8″.
- Polyurethane foam adds only three to five pounds per cubic foot. It may be a featherweight, but it does the work of a heavyweight.
4. It’s Really Durable
- The foam is dense and solid, providing a strong support to the slab above it.
- A slab raised with polyurethane foam will be able to handle all kinds of loads and traffic.
No matter what kind of concrete slab you have that needs slab leveling and lifting, Basement Authority of West Virginia and our Polyrenewal system can do the job! We can level sidewalks, driveways, tennis courts, garage floors, patios, and more. Contact us to learn more about all of our services and receive a free estimate. We look forward to hearing from you.